We are tremendously grateful to so many of you for making 2022 a positive year of creative energy here at Longridge Review.
- To everyone who sent us their best work, and in doing so kept our mission powerful.
- To Diane Gottlieb and Beatrice Motamedi for making financial gifts to help keep the lights on around here.
- To Sonja Livingston for serving as our judge for the #BarnhillPrize and also for donating her honorarium to keep us sustainable.
- To Mike Smith, Anne Barnhill’s son, who has supported us in diverse ways for years.
- To our sharp and dedicated team of readers/editors who always ask the right questions and bring their hearts and minds to the craft of creative nonfiction.
- To my parents, both of whom died this month but who always gave me their full support and believed in this work.
- To everyone who read and shared essays and showed our writers the love.
Returning to Mike Smith, he wrote in 2022 about reading our contest finalists’ essays:
To be taken seriously and read well.
We pledge to deliver this gift to you in 2023 and beyond.
Thanks again to all, and Happy New Year.