Creative Nonfiction, #7 Spring 2017
Abby Burns, Uninvited Hauntings
Michael Chin, The Bionic Elbow
Minna Dubin, Closer to Her
Susan Grant, The Gate
Amanda Kay, The Weight of Smoke
Gleah Powers, The Three Times I Saw My Father
Helen, Ruggieri, The Introvert’s Survival Guide
Gretchen Uhrinek, Dan
- Submissions are now closed until Fall 2017. Many thanks to all of you who sent us your amazing work this past submission period!
- We are pleased to offer a bonus issue in June, Creative Nonfiction, #8 Spring/Summer 2017. Watch for it! Issues 7 and 8 will be featured into the Fall.
- Longridge Review essayist Kara Knickerbocker has a new website as well as a new book. Next to Everything That Is Breakable is now available for pre-order from Finishing Line Press, described as “…a brilliant debut, blackberried and full…a book about growing up, about the pain of distance, inked with stamps, charging forward like a train that never stops. ” Visit her new site at https://karaknickerbocker.com, and read her LR essay, The Mark I Left.
- Nonfiction editor, Nina Gaby, recently had this exchange with Elizabeth Gaucher. Gaucher is the author of “Dialing the Dark,” an essay featured in The Best of the Burlington Writers Workshop 2017 anthology. Read on for our editor’s take on childhood memories, processing loss, and the complex task of naming evil.
- We are on Twitter! Follow us to stay in the loop on all things Longridge: @LongridgeReview