Creative Nonfiction, #12 Fall 2018
Nikki Sambitsky, Penny Drop
We will open submissions again from December 14, 2018 – January 15, 2019.
- Read our Pushcart Prize nominees for 2018. Congratulations to all!
- Our guest blogger in Issue 12 is essayist Heidi Davidson-Drexel. Read thoughts on how she developed the narrator voice in “Your Boss.”
- Suzanne Farrell Smith’s essay, “The Helping Man,” is nominated by Pembroke Magazine for a Pushcart Prize. Congratulations and good luck! This fall Suzanne also had an essay published in Brevity, “If You Find a Mouse in a Glue Trap.” Finally, her essay “Work and Love” is published in Issue 8 of Adanna. Way to go, SFS!
- Read our editor Mary Heather Noble’s blog post, On Writer’s Block: Notes from the Kitchen Island. “I’ve tried all kinds of ways to avoid doing this work. I tried moving far away, and when that didn’t help, I wrote and published a few scenes from that childhood path and then suffered the consequences. I’ve tried writing about other things. I’ve tried literally running away.” This is a profound and vulnerable self-examination of, among other things, the mountain climbing we do as children and as adults.
- Our former guest editor Peter Tavernise is this issue’s Featured Artist — check out his gorgeous digitally created work!
- Do you have a question for us? Write to us at Ask the Editor. In December, we will tackle the question, “What qualifies as childhood for your mission?” Read Heidi’s blog post about her authorial choices in her essay, Your Boss.
- We ask you to follow our blog! We don’t post there often, but when we do it’s focused information you can use about writing and writers, as well as updates about our journal.
- We are on Twitter and Facebook: Follow/Like us to stay in the loop on all things Longridge: @LongridgeReview and Longridge Editors LLC.
All visual images, including artwork and photographs, are used with permission and should not be appropriated without permission from the artist or writer.